Friday, October 17, 2008

Laughter, the Best Medicine


1) I had just eaten the worst meal in my life & had to say something. "Is everything ok?" the waitress asked. "No", I replied. "The chicken is so tough, you can't cut it with a knife." "I'm so sorry," she said. "Can I bring you a different knife?"

2) Eager to be a hands-on dad, I wanted to prove I could change a nappy as well as anyone else could. I watched my daughter looking up wide-eyed at me as I tackled the task. The reason for her wonder became apparent when I completed the change, lifted her up and found her left arm tightly bound inside her nappy.

3) When you've got a long list of things to buy at a department store, you tend to tune out announcements like "All cashiers to the front register" or "Service Manager, pick up line three." But one did catch my attention: "Customer service needed in men's boxers."

4) Every senior class at our school brings with it a new senior prank. Recently, a group of students let three pigs loose inside the school. They were labelled Pig #1, Pig #2, and Pig #4. Schools officials quickly rounded up the three pigs but spent the rest of the day looking for Pig #3.

5) My mum-in-law bought her first mobile phone. Its ringtone was the William Tell Overture. "I'm getting lots of calls but they always hang up," she told my husband. "That's odd, " he said. "I'll phone you and see what happens." He then dialled her number, but she sat motionless for more than a minute as her handset trilled away. "Why aren't you answering?" he asked. "Oh sorry," she said. "I thought I had to wait for the tune to finish."


HAHAHA... Funny isn't it....

3 comments:

Jalzenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jalzenny said...

Why Do People Laugh...?
Why do people laugh? A saying said: "Laughter, the Best Medicine". There's a hidden treasure behind a laughter that no one knows.
One will laugh when there is happiness and joy.
An actor may laugh in a movie but it's not genuine because he follows the script.
A real and true laughter imerges from a pure heart that portrays a clean and sincere happiness and joy.
One may laugh to see, heard or read something funny becuse it touches his heart or feeling.
Others laugh to provoke their opponents. This is not a sincere laughter.
So, be careful what you laugh at and how the way you laugh.
A genuine laughter brings peace and joy that heals the soul but a provoking laughter causes a fine weather to cloudy. What do you think...?

MARY ANNE VAZ said...

I am curious... why was thta comment removed? It was not funny???? Anyway...I love the jokes. Mmm... would make a great reading and thinking lesson